Awards & Accreditations
Bright Beginnings Day Care and Child Development Center is proud to announce that we are the first nursery in Bahrain to receive the Jawda Accreditation. Since its inception quality and developmentally appropriate practice have been top priority for founder Anisa Asad. Achieving a tier 4 with the Jawda accreditation demonstrates the importance Bright Beginnings places on instilling and adhering to international standards for early years care and education.
“Congratulations Team BB! I am proud of our team at Bright Beginnings and their continued effort toward development and improvement of our practice, and it is an honor for us all at BB to be leaders in the field of early childhood care and education in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Working with the team at Jawda has given us all an opportunity to reflect on our practice and find areas of growth as well as areas to be acknowledged and celebrated.” Anisa Asad
Jawda is an International Quality Improvement Program for Early Years Settings. Proudly Managed by Arabian Child & Endorsed by Council for Awards in Care, Health & Education (CACHE) (UK). Jawda - which means “quality‟ in Arabic—is the first quality improvement program created for the Gulf region. It helps child care centers improve the quality of care and education provided to children and their families in the Gulf region. Jawda provides families with information that will help them make informed decisions about childcare services and also enables childcare practitioners to raise standards in early childhood settings beyond minimum licensing requirements and achieve high levels of performance as compared to international benchmarks.
The Quality Mark for schools was developed to provide a framework that would promote, support and celebrate the improvement of literacy, language and mathematics, sometimes also referred to as ‘basic’ or ‘functional’ skills.
The Quality Mark from the UK is an inclusive award and was developed in 2008, for settings catering for babies, toddlers and young children from birth up to age 5. It provides a framework for self-evaluation and continuous improvement of the skills, particularly in communication, language and mathematical development, of young children through activities suitable for the stage of development they have reached.
Bright Beginnings was awarded the Quality Mark Accreditation in 2012 after a thorough evidence gathering process and an on-site assessment by an accredited assessor from the UK. The on-site assessment included classroom observations and inspection of evidence gathered based on the Quality Mark Ten Elements:
- A whole-setting strategy and planning to improve young children’s abilities and achievements in their foundation skills.
- Analysis of the assessment of young children’s abilities and achievements.
- Setting appropriately high expectations for young children’s development.
- Planning ‘next steps’ in learning for young children’s development.
- Regular review of the progress made by all young children.
- A commitment to improving the skills of all practitioners.
- A balanced use of child-initiated and adult-led, play-based activities.
- The use of appropriate environments and resources.
- Partnership working between families, carers, practitioners and professionals in supporting young children’s learning and development.
- An effective procedure for monitoring planning and assessing improvement in practice and provision.
We are extremely proud of our track record for world class curriculum & services, and were pleased to be recognised for our 2nd Quality Mark accreditation in 2015. Such awards are a great way of showcasing the accomplishments of our team that delivers excellence in the form of quality early years services